Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Emery Pearl is here!

On March 5th at 8:19 am we welcomed our second Princess to the world. Emery weighed 6 lbs 14 oz and was 19 inches long. Besides being three weeks early everything went smoothly and actually really fast. I started having contractions at 1:30 am. At first they were pretty far apart but once they got to be 7 minutes apart we called the DR since we live 40 minutes away. On the way to the hospital the contractions got really intense and painful and much closer together. I think Dustin was a little scared that I might give birth in the car :) We got to the hospital with Johanna in tow (Mom and dad picked her a little later) at about 5:30 am. My initial examination showed that I was already 7 cm dilated! Within an hour I was fully dilated but Emery still needed to come down a bit so I didn't start pushing until a little after 8 am. I punched for a whole 5 minutes and our baby girl was here!







No comments: