Saturday, September 1, 2007

28 Weeks

Well I made it to 28 weeks... A lot has happened this week, but everything will hopefully turn out OK. It all started when something that happened Tuesday night (I'll spare you the details) that made me suspicions that things weren't quite right. But me being paranoid, I figured it was just me being overly worried again. But me also being me I knew that I wouldn't be able to sleep well until my doctor confirmed that I was worrying about nothing... So I made the appointment for the next day.

I went to the doctor Wednesday afternoon...little did I know that I wouldn't be back home until Friday!! Turns out that I am already two centimeters dilated! Not good... However the baby is doing fine and is under no distress. Her heart rate is perfect and she measures on schedule for my due date. As a precaution I was sent to labor and delivery for observation for two days, I was hooked up to fetal monitor pretty much the whole time which measured the baby's heart rate and contractions. I was indeed having sporadic contractions here and there that were so light that I could hardly even feel them. I was given steroids to speed up the baby's lung development in case she decides she wants out a little sooner that we planned:).

Now I am back home on bed rest for the next six weeks. After that it will be very safe to deliver the little troublemaker :). I'll get set up to work from home but I can already tell it will be a lame next month and a half. But it's all worth it, I just want a healthy baby. Come by and visit me sometime!!

Me trying to put on a happy face :)



No comments: