Thursday, December 13, 2007

Johanna Layne


Johanna made her entrance to the world on Nov. 7th at 10:11 pm at a healthy 7lbs, 6.6 oz and 19 inches long. We are so excited to have her in our lives, she is so precious. We already can't imagine life without our sweet baby girl. Thanks everyone who came to the hospital and who supported us throughout out my pregnancy and the few rough patches we had a long the way.

Now here is how it happened: The day started normally, I got up and went to work just like any other day. I started having mild contractions around mid morning. I thought they were just Braxton Hicks since I have been having those of and on for two months! Well they started getting pretty regular and wouldn't stop even after I took a walk at lunch. So I decided to go to the hospital to get checked after work just in case. I really didn't think I was in labor which is why I waited until 5 pm to go. Well I got there and they checked my cervix and I was dilated to 4cm. It was decided to monitor me for a while so I got hooked up the the fetal monitors. An hour later I was dilated to 5 cm, that's when we knew this was the real deal... After getting my water broken, some horrific contractions and and epidural I was fully dilated at about 9:30. I pushed for 20 minutes and our sweetheart was here.

No comments: