Saturday, July 14, 2012

Micah's Birth Story

I know this is way late, but I wrote this up for his photo book and realized I never shared this before. 


This pregnancy was a little different than the girls’.   All in all it was a smooth pregnancy, it was monitored closely and nothing too worrisome ever showed up on any of my many ultrasounds.  But I gained less weight yet I looked much bigger than with either of the girls. The 37 week mark came and went, then the 38 and the 39 week mark.  I was getting increasingly uncomfortable, my fatigue, backaches and shortness of breath were getting too much.   It was decided that I would be induced Oct 3rd, two days before my due date.  I checked into the hospital and when Dr. Moulton checked me he got a surprised look on his face, turns out I was already at 7 cm without ever being in active labor!  I decided on getting the Epi right away before getting the Pitocin,   I am not one of those people who feels the need to be in pain while giving birth.  Epidural was taken care of, Pitocin was given and then we waited….and waited.  The Pitocin was not working so around 12:30 it was decided to break my water.  After that the contractions started right away and they were strong and close together.  Not 25 minutes later I felt the need to push and the nurse came in to check me.  Sure enough I was complete and ready.    Micah was born at 1:10 pm weighing in at 8 lbs and 10 oz, 20 inches long, completely healthy and beautiful.  The girls are in love with him and so are Dustin and I.  Looking back inducing was the best decision I could have made.  Dr. Moulton said if my water had broken at home I may not have made it to the hospital.  We named him Micah Matthew Keller; Keller after his angel brother who is looking over all of us.


No comments: